It’s been a great learning experience but when making dietary changes often it’s often difficult to come up with recipe ideas. We like to rotate meals so we don’t get bored of eating the same meals regularly (and this also helps decrease food sensitivities). We’ve been exclusively using our favourite social media tool, Pinterest, to keep us inspired.
Here are some fun recipes that we’ve made:
Inspired by the beautiful Green Kitchen Stories Recipe. Simply soak chia in your favourite non-dairy milk as you assemble and warm the ingredients. This parfait includes slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, & sliced apple sauteed with lots of cinnamon and a dash of maple syrup. We also love adding some almond butter.
These are our absolute favourite! The idea is from Meghan Telpner’s The Undiet Cookbook – which is absolutely amazing and worth buying now! The base is simply ground dates & nuts baked low and slow. Hers had a pear cinnamon filling & we also made a chia raspberry filling. Can’t get enough of these!
We’ve been wanting to make cauliflower crust pizza for a while and finally got around to doing it – so easy and delicious. We used this recipe because of it’s simple ingredients and added a bunch of veggies and goat cheese. Next time we will double the recipe to start 😉
Other recipes we’ve tried and thoroughly enjoyed:
- Raw Power Protein Balls with cacao, hemp, chia and flax seeds
- NO FAIL Paleo Pancakes; Gluten Free
- Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
Our tips for success:
- Have a buddy and try cooking together! We get together on Thursday nights and have been trying new recipes and cooking together once a week (at least!)
- Have lots of resources. This is why pinterest is so handy. If you don’t have pinterest you can also follow our social media stream.
- Make your own rules! We modified The Paleo Diet to fit our needs and found it allowed us some healthy flexibility. Small changes can make a big difference.
Looking to make a dietary change yourself? We’d love to help you decide on a plan and succeed. We now have online booking which makes it even easier to work with us 😉
Yours in health,
Dr. Aliyah & Dr. Sarah